Help Students Cultivate Resilience Growth Mindset Optimism
Students Aren’t the Problem.
The great challenge we all face is that technology is evolving faster than we are evolving culturally.
The current generation of students are the product of that gap between technological advance and cultural lag. The unprecedented access that technology gives them to, well, nearly everything, has allowed us to overlook the things that technology cannot do:
- Access does not guarantee connection
- Information does not guarantee wisdom
- Awareness does not guarantee justice
We live in unprecedented times. We face serious challenges. Lately, those challenges have seemed so monumental that many people are starting to lose hope.
- Young people believe the American Dream is a myth.
- Anxiety and depression are at all-time highs.
- 18-22 year olds report the highest levels of loneliness of all Americans.
Here’s the Good News
We can help students. Human beings need to keep growing intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually to be fulfilled. If we view the challenges above as skill deficits, then all we have to do is focus on skill development as a solution. “Signal Strength” is a virtual program designed to highlight the simplest, most practical ways that students can develop skills that will help them feel more empowered and capable of achieving whatever they want while they’re in college. Those skill development areas are:
- Developing Awareness: Human Needs Psychology
- All human beings have six basic needs, and when those needs aren’t being met, anxiety and anger are produced. Paul explains the six needs in simple terms and helps the audience determine where their energy are being drained by over-exerting themselves to meet certain needs.
- Skill Development: Myelination and Deep Practice
- A brief explanation of myelination in the brain leads the audience to the wonderful premise that skills can always be improved, and nearly everything is a skill.
- Also, Dworkin’s work on fixed mindset vs growth mindset is explored, helping students evaluate if there is a need for them to shift mindsets.
- Giving and Receiving: Practicing Compassion
- We conclude the presentation with practical strategies for connecting with other human beings.
- We explore the role of faith, in all its inclusive forms, as a means to feeling safe and grounded.
- When we feel truly connected, socially and spiritually, loneliness disappears.
In this virtual presentation, Paul Ramsay brings his expertise as a former educator, the strategies of a practicing hypnotist and Strategic Intervention Coach, and the energy of a nationally touring entertainer to serve you and your people. Paul uses Zoom and the Kahoot! app to poll the audience about specific challenges they face, and tailors his presentation toward the information he gathers so that students are getting practical applications of the core content.
What’s it Like to Work With Paul?
“Paul goes above and beyond to interact with our students and staff which contributes to his extraordinary rapport and our continued desire to bring him back to campus.”
“Paul was a dream to work with, so professional, timely, and interacted perfectly with our students.”
“He was amazing and the students loved him.”
“Paul is one of the easiest and best guys to work with.”